Camera profiles

adam_mueller

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>What do most fashion photographers leave their profiles on? Someone told me to leave mine on Neutral but others have said to customise it. If I should customise it, what should I adjust the sharpness, contrast, saturation etc to? I have noticed most fashion shots are quite desaturated??</p>

<p>I am a Canon user.</p>

<p>IMO it doesn't really matter, most people I know that shoot for a living shoot in RAW (not that I'm a fashion photographer or anything, just a lowly portrait photographer). In-camera profiles are not applied to RAW images, only JPEGs, hence, it doesn't matter.</p>

<p>More likely they shoot now in RAW. You can always convert images shot in RAW to look like film. Although there are photographers that still shoot just negative film and some even polaroid.<br>

On some cameras you can shoot and have the camera save in both RAW and jpg.</p>

<p>I would shoot in RAW, The RAW file is like an unexposed negative and will look like whatever you process it too. As I recently learned in an article or video you should set the camera up so that the jpg preview most closely matches your final edited output. That way you have a better idea of how the final image will look while shooting. </p>