From Russia with Love ... and some brute force.

ralf_j.

<p>Hi, Ralf I'm almost feeling guilty to admit that our Perth weather has been really nice so far this Spring, in view of the terrible hammering folks in the east of Northern America are getting from 'Sandy'. So far we've not had to turn on our house airconditioning even once, but a couple of times I've conceded to Old Age Temperature Intolerance and turned my RAV4's aircon on, driving home from Perth. Mind you, no doubt our time for potential disaster will come when Mother Nature's more vicious side gets displayed come summer. Last year we were that close to having our house burned down in a bushfire, it just wasn't funny.</p>

<p>Meanwhile, FWIW here's a link to a Flickr Pages photo feature I did a while back on my KMZ Start. There must be far more interest in the Start than I had realised,, because this has had well over a thousand 'hits'. (Pete In Perth)</p>

<p> <a href=" KMZ Start SLR, c. 1962

<p>Hi,Kozma Glad to hear you've survived the worse that 'Sandy' couldl throw at you. I must have got lucky too with my Miami Start, because it's working perfectly. I haven't even had it CLA'd. I've read that the early Starts were prone to problems with their shutter blinds, but mine is a later (1962) model so maybe KMZ had sorted things out by then? (Pete In Perth)</p>