Importing Catalogs into LR4.1 Issue - File is Offline/Missing

<p>I am not sure if I went about this the right way? I installed a new SSD in my desktop PC - complete new Win 7 64-bit install.<br>

I installed LR4.1 on the SSD and imported my LR2.0, 3.0, 4.0 catalogues from a previous Photo folder on the "old" D drive (original HDD) via LR4.1 into c:\user\name\my pictures\lightroom (on the SSD) - default location.<br>

The problem I have is that every single picture is "off line/missing" when I go into edit. The SSD is only 128Gb so I can not have one My Pictures folder like I use too (My Pictures folder is close to 80Gb alone).<br>

If I right click on the picture folder and point it back to my D drive where the original Lightroom folder is I still have the error message. How do I fix this mess - I have thousands of photos with a question mark next to them?<br>

How should I go about this? Should I have imported my older LR catalogs the way I did or is there a better method?<br>

Maybe the best way is to uninstall LR4.1 and start again? <br>

Open to suggestions. Thanks.</p>

<p>A screen shot of your Folders panel would help. What you need to do is point Lightroom at the new location for the files. The easiest way to do this is to right-click on the top-level missing folder in the Folders panel and choose "Find Missing Folder..." from the context menu.</p>

<p>[[i can see the image in the catalog. They all have a ? next to them.]]</p>

<p>The catalog does not "have" the images. The catalog is an index of the images. It simply points to where the images are located. Howard is asking where the actual files located. Where did you move the "My Pictures" folder to when you switched to using an SSD?</p>

<p>To Howard M question, the folder with all the image is now on D drive.<br>

The new Lightroom catalogs are on C drive (SSD) under default c:\user\user name\my pictures\lightroom. As mentioned previously I imported ONLY the older LR catalogs from D drive but left the older picture folders on D drive.<br>

Now if I use the "Find Missing Folder" function and try to link the the older Photo folder on D drive it does not readily find the missing link data.<br>

It appears that you have to point it to the right image folder and I have many of them on D drive. Is there a easier way to do this rather than go through them one by one?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>The problem may be that you are too late. If you organize your folder hierarchy so that there is a top level folder under which all the image folders sit, when you move to a new configuration, you only have to point to the top level image folder. However, unless you need to access lots of folders immediately, you can add the question-marked folders as you need them. <br>

<br /><br /></p>