Newbie but willing to learn

damien_kunik

<p>Hi,<br>

My name's Damien, I live in Tokyo. I know next to nothing about photography. My father was a professional photographer, and maybe because he tried so hard to share the science, the subject seemed quite boring to me. I bought a nice Canon Powershot G10 three years ago that mostly sleeps in a drawer. That says much about my interest until now.<br>

I say "until now", because everything changed when I heard about pinhole photography. The experimentation, the DIY philosophy, the unpredictable results... I am hooked!<br>

Sadly, the father's not here anymore, and that's why I'm turning to you all. I know next to nothing, but I am willing to learn, and I can be a fast learner!<br>

So, I hope I'll find some help around. And I hope I'll be able to give some help to newbies like me in a (hopefully) not so distant future.<br>

<br />Best regards.</p>

<p>Greetings!<br>

The G10 is rather a nice camera to start with and it could still be used to create the effect of pinhole. I believe that you could get lenscaps for this camera with a tiny pinhole that allows you a lot of experimentation potential.<br>

Are you interested in film based pinhole? There are a lot of resources on this and the web is a wonderful tool. This site has a number of very knowledgeable enthusiasts who would be able to guide you to where you want to go.</p>

<p>Best wishes</p>

<p>Hi Starvy,<br>

Thanks for the input. Actually, I am really more interested in film based pinhole. G10 is a great camera for me, even if I don't use it as often as I should. But As the lens is not removable (its a compact camera) I don't know if it can be turned into a pinhole.<br>

I'lle be a lot around here to learn!</p>