I cannot upgrade Nikon VIEW NX 2, ver. 2.5.0 to 2.5.1

ioanis_georgiadis

<p>I have a Toshiba Satellite with Intel Core i7 CPU Q740 @ 1.73 GHz with 8,00 GB of RAM (64-bit) running Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1.<br /><br />I had Nikon View NX2 ver. 2.5.0 installed and running without any problems. Then I tried to upgrade to ver. 2.5.1. During the installation, there popped up 3 times a window that had "1158:" as a message and a OK button, which I pressed as there was no other choice. Then the whole installation went through until it said "finished successfully", but the version remained 2.5.0.<br /><br />I then uninstalled ver. 2.5.0, removed the View NX 2 directory manually, run a registry cleaner, rebooted, and tried to install again, but to no avail. The same window popped up again 3 times, I pressed OK, the installation continued and reported success, but nothing was installed. Now I cannot even install previous versions... I tried every suggestion I found on the Internet about this problem, but still no success... I even uninstalled Nikon Message Center 2 and run the installation again. Still the same, only this time Nikon Message Center was installed successfully, but not View NX 2. <br /><br />Please also note, that I am a registered user of Camera Control Pro 2 and Capture NX 2 and these programs updated successfully without any problem.<br>

Can you help?<br>

John</p>

<p>GUESS WHAT!<br>

After finishing this post, I tried to install once again (tried more than 10 times before) and voila! it installed successfully... WITHOUT CHANGING ANYTHING IN MY COMPUTER!<br>

Go figure!<br>

My first thought was to delete the above post, but on a second thought, I decided to leave it posted and hear your opinions.<br>

John</p>

<p>Search for Error 1158. There are tons of problems described there.<br>

Most likely a Stack Overflow, that could go away if some background processes released resources. That does not have to be a RAM, since you have 8GB of it. Something was going on your computer that hogged resources. Run a virus scan, observe startup processes, close unnecessary application before installation.</p>

<p>@Joe Smith<br>

Joe,<br>

(I downloaded ver 2.5.1 twice from different sites. I checked the exe files. They were identical).<br>

My first attempt to upgrade (with a full installation exe file, not an upgrade) was with View NX 2 ver. 2.5.0 installed. Couldn't upgrade. Version 2.5.0 remained on my computer.<br>

I uninstalled ver. 2.5.0. Run the installation (again, this was a full installation exe file of ver 2.5.1, not an upgrade) again. Nothing installed.<br>

Tried previous versions. Nothing installed.<br>

Uninstalled Nikon Message Center.<br>

Tried the installation again. Only Nikon Message Center was installed.<br>

Then when I tried once again -to my astonishment- View NX 2, ver. 2.5.1 was installed successfully. I believe it was because of some sort of Stack Overflow, that went away when some background processes released resources as <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=977463">Frank Skomial</a> pointed out. Thanks Frank.<br>

The above is an outline of my actions. In between many tries of installing the software, I run a registry cleaner and rebooted several times. </p>

<p>Hope this helps.</p>