my Museum needs some help identifying a camera

gib

<p>I got a chance today to begin going through four boxes of cameras, the personal collection of professional photographer Budd Watson, son of Lorne Watson. These two did a lot of pioneering work in mural sized photographic printing. Budd sold a lot of mural sized landscape photos of Canada's natural beauty to corporate offices.<br>

The collection has a range of Kodak cameras from the 20s to 60s, some consumer family cameras, some more high end. also a group of Polaroid models, a few movie cameras. I am just digging in on this project.<br>

Today I have one question. see the large folding camera below. I need help identifying this specific model and the fim it used.<br>

I am posting two photos here from box 1. one is a Kodak Duaflex III a 620 fim camera, the other is a Eastman Kodak camera that has very little model information on it. </p><div>00auMm-499121584.thumb.jpg.c4a37a1ce415ca812d127b605158b8a0.jpg</div>

<p>The model of the second camera is on the inside of the back door. But you have to find the hidden buttons to open it! They are probably on the top rear corners of the sides of the camera. Push them in, and the rear door should fall open. <br>

Looks a little larger than a No 2. Folding Pocket Brownie (taking 120 film). Could be a No. 2A taking 116 film, or even a 3A taking 122 film. <br>

It is the lowest model of Folding Pocket Brownie, whatever size is it, since it clearly has a simple meniscus (one element) lens, barely suitable for a contact print from the negative. <br>

The Duaflex III has the annoying feature of requiring 620, not 120, film.</p>

• 2 weeks later...