POTW 9-23-2012

htarragon

<p>You guys are really making me want to get out this weekend and see what the local scenery has to offer! Here in the Charlotte area the fall colors are still a couple weeks off, so I may have to wait til mid-October to get the autumn leaves. <br>

Lots of nice photos on this thread but I especially like Matt's trees reflecting in the water; I think that is well done in terms of composition and color. </p>

<p>andrew, yes, the abstract is a chair and a table. the table surface is dark granite to make that reflection. there are windows on both sides of the wall behind. that lighting made this photograph for me. the chair imprinted on that wall color made a new mexico to me.</p>

<p>Faves this week:<br>

Jordan - Nice moon and is that the little boy we used to see in your pics? Time flies!!<br>

Michael - #2<br>

Bob - I like all three but they alseem a teensh overexposed. Your hikes amaze me.<br>

Yury - #2 nice catch<br>

Nick - #3 - As I said before, a Norman Rockwell shot.<br>

Matt - Your hikes are also amazing - #1 is fave<br>

Osamu - Abstract.<br>

Good stuff, people!</p>

<p>Faves this week:<br>

Jordan - Nice moon and is that the little boy we used to see in your pics? Time flies!!<br>

Michael - #2<br>

Bob - I like all three but they alseem a teensh overexposed. Your hikes amaze me.<br>

Yury - #2 nice catch<br>

Nick - #3 - As I said before, a Norman Rockwell shot.<br>

Matt - Your hikes are also amazing - #1 is fave<br>

Osamu - Abstract.<br>

Good stuff, people!</p>

<p>My picks this week:<br />Howard - I absolutely love that first shot. Really, really cool. The second is also nice.<br />ME - nice macros. That smooth bokeh is so nice. <br />Jordan - good capture of the moon.<br />Bob - the Indian Peaks lake shot is really nice. I always like a nice high alpine lake reflection.<br />Yury - Okoberfest looked like fun! I'll heading to one here after work tonight.<br />Nick - the reflection is great<br />Osamu - I'm liking that chair back reflected in the table/counter a lot. So simple and so nice. <br /><br />Thanks Bob B and Howard for the nice comments. The weird weather this summer seems to have made for an especially pretty fall.<br />We've had a dusting of snow on the peaks a couple of times now too so I'm starting to get the itch for winter and skiing!</p>