Taking a photo for postcards

katieson

Recently, for a state park, I charged $150 for use of two of

my photos, limited use (750 postcards to be run each

photo), I think I overheard them say that was .35 a postcard

for them cost.

My approach for that was $100 for one photo, $150 for two,

have them sign a limited use license agreement.

The charge depends on the entity and the number of cards

being run, too.

<p>This is really a technical service you would be providing, not a photography job. Is she planning to send the digital file off to an online postcard printer, or she she working with a local printer. If it's a local printer, she really should just take them the paining and let them deal with it in their shop.<br>

If the painting is anywhere up to about 8.5x11, it only needs to be slapped onto a flatbed scanner. If the client can't do that herself, by all means do it and charge her whatever she's willing to pay. If the painting is larger than that and you have a copystand with appropriate lighting, do the job and again charge however much she's willing to pay. If you don't already have a copystand and proper lights, it's up to you whether it's worth the trouble to set something up. Getting an evenly lit photo of a painting, with everything squared up and the colors right, it not as easy as it might sound. And an artist can easily be an "artiste" about getting the colors just right. <br /><br /></p>