Pentax POTW not on Photo.net FB page

htarragon

<p>Actually I agree with your original sentiment. Pentax POTW has been popular for a long time (probably predates the others), why should it be excluded? If you don't want your stuff linked to, don't post it. I'm guessing almost nobody will follow p-net on facebook unless they're members anyway.</p>

<p>Inadvertent mistake. No slight to Pentax intended. I've got someone helping me out with the FB and social media stuff and I think the "sunday" aspect of the Pentax POTW caused it to be missed. Going forward, Pentax will take its proper place alongside the NiCaSonys of the world.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Delete original post! I do not want my portfolio or what I post on the POTW or any other forum posted on FB without my knowing about it!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>There is a big difference between images being uploaded to Facebook and a link to a website being placed on Facebook. In the case of the POTW threads, the images are not being uploaded. It is just a link to the forum thread. No different than if someone placed a link to that forum page anywhere on the internet.</p>

<p>I used to avoid posting photos to facebook because of their shaky terms of service, but they seem to have stabilized and are no longer so arrogant to think that they own your content. Not to say Zuck won't have some sort of break and go rogue, but I think the days of Facebook changing TOS to include broad ranging ownership are over.<br>

<br />But, as Josh said, shared links and uploading directly to FBs servers are entirely different things, regardless.</p>

<p> </p>