A few recent shots - Nikon FE

<p>Nice photos, indeed! The FE really is a joy, isn't it? When my beloved old FE got stolen a few months back, I just had to get another right away. My new one's even nicer since I put a K3 screen for the FM3a in it--an inexpensive and quite nice upgrade.</p>

<p>Always enjoy your shots of your children, and the one with your wife is a treasure for sure. I took heaps of my kids at this age and they just get more precious as time goes by.<br>

The Nikon FE/FM cameras are delightful things and that 105mm is an all time classic, as is the 50mm 1.4. Never used the 45mm pancake but your shots look very impressive. The 45 still commands very high prices on the used market so I'm waiting for the cost to come down!<br>

Just bought a 105mm 1.8 Nikkor that is a very impressive bit of glass, still waiting to try it out though.</p>

<p>I've found that another wonderful lens to use on the FE--and they're not terribly expensive nowadays--is the 180/2.8 AF-D (I've got the last version, with the crinkle coat paint). Even though it's an autofocus lens, the focusing ring is really wide and excellenlty damped for manual focus as well. It's just a superb portrait lens which balances beautifully on the FE, and I also used to use it constantly, with a PN-11 ring--if you can find one--for closeups of dragonflies and butterflies.</p>

<p>Thanks all - I really appreciate your comments and will definitely make sure that my kids will be able to keep these pictures, when they grow up - I'm thinking along the lines of making a book on Blurb every year or two and make three copies, so they get one each.<br /><br />The FE really is a joy - I have the all-matte (Type B) screen in it, which makes it a bit harder to focus, I find. I still do the focus-in-the-centre-and-recompose routine, even if there is no need to do so. Old habits die hard, I guess :-)<br /><br />When the 45P was discontinued, I actually worked for Nikon Denmark, and I got one for a price so ridiculously low, we thought that Nikon Europe had made a typo !! The size is just perfect for portability, and the Bokeh is sweet and smooth. One of the few lenses that I have where the Bokeh really is special.<br /><br />I like to "cycle through" a number of classic cameras - averaging about one roll per month - and always enjoy coming here to share :-)<br /><br />Thanks again, all !!<br /><br />Soeren</p>

<div>00aSkn-471709584.jpg.7b7f467354966f7b41f304488c2a0a40.jpg</div>