Using Third party lens with Nikon F100

User_2019667

<p>I just acquired an excellent Nikon F100 body. I have some AI lenses from my F3 that I will be using manually of course until I can get some AF lenses for it. I know my Nikon AF DX lenses from my D90 won't work but will my AF EX Sigma 50mm 1:2.8 D Macro lens work? </p>

<p>...and the DX lenses will <i>work</i>, you'll just get dark/blurred details away from the centre of the image (although possibly not at all focal lengths, with some zoom lenses). If you're scanning the results (so you can crop the edges), or if you're careful with your zooming, you might still find the result useful (if you're careful not to confuse the meter). It might compensate a bit from the pain of going between an F100's viewfinder and that of a DX Nikon. :-) Enjoy your new toy! (And don't forget that if you steer clear of G lenses, you ought to be able to use any new AF lens purchases with your F3 as well.)</p>

<p>Michael and Andrew<br>

Thanks for your response. I will finish my first roll of film in the F100 tomorrow. Can't wait to see the results. I shot a few shots with my 70-300 VR lens along with the AI 35mm f.2 lens. I will finish this roll of film with the Sigma 50mm macro and see what the results are. <br>

Thanks again for your input.<br>

John </p>

<p>I would not assume that a DX lens will not work without at least a snap or two. My Tokina 12-24mm DX lens works fine on my F100 from 18mm to 24mm. At less then 18mm it has vignetting that becomes significant at 12mm. However it makes a nice 18-24mm lens. The F100 is one of the best camera's ever made so enjoy it.</p>

<p>I will certainly try my 18-70mm kit lens as Ross and Andrew have said, I can always crop out any vignetting that may occur. I have a nice mixed bag of film to try it out with and I will have fun this weekend wilth it. Thanks to all who have responded. </p>