CS5 ... portrait - turning angle of sitter slightly

<p>i've recently wrapped up a family portrait. i'm happy with the result of all sitters ... some sitting, one standing. ideally, i would really like the angle of the person standing to be slightly adjusted so that the right shoulder (further away from the camera) .. is not angled as far as it is. so i would like to bring in the right shoulder a touch more ... so twisting the entire body. is this at all possible with photoshop?</p>

<p>thank you.</p>

<p>thank you william - i will give that a go.<br>

what if i freeze mask the area surrounding the person standing .. would that help? so that not everything is affected? <br>

my question is .. if for example only a small part of his right shoulder (further away from camera) is showing, .. therefore (certain pixels missing) .. how will that adjust with the tip you gave me? one cant bring in those pixels. correct?</p>

<p>The horizontal perspective tool only works on the entire image and doesn't see selected areas. In any case, it's hard to tell without seeing the shot, but from what you describe it sounds like you'd be creating more problems than you'd solve by isolating the one individual for this, even if it would work. Sorry 'bout that...</p>

<p>I do this type of thing often, to correct some minor "disturbances" in a picture. Just take a merged copy of the underlying layers as a new layer on top of them and do your correction on that new layer. Render the accompanying layer mask black and white out only that part of the picture you wish to be corrected. Of course it may take a bit of retouching (the patch tool comes in handy there) to get the corrected part melt into the underlying picture, but it sure is worth a try!</p>