D90 + Tamron 17-50 2.8 strange images

marco_landini

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>I know you are all great photographers, I am the apprentice.<br>

To try to express what I mean, I post this one. This one lokks exactly what I mean "photographic". This picture looks trasparent, photographic, "glassy clear"...I don' t know how to say to decribe in beter words...This is the look and rendering I like</p>

<p>And please, take another look to this picture. I hate the rendering of the walls, bricks and rocks, expecialy in the white area I indicated. The edges look harsh, unnatural borders. The columns seem pasted to the back walls, Averything flat and unnatural, not photographic, not clear nor trasparent. I wish to solve this issue and understand what was the mistake. Thanks</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Peter, I' ve seen your pictures in your photo.net folders. Congratulations, I like them very much. They have exactly the "photographic" 3d, crispy clear and clean look I like and I try to achieve...I think I have a lot to work on, and the first important step in my way is tryng to understand what I' missing in my worflow.</p>

<p>Marco, I think you are're a bit too hard on the photos. Most are really nice. To me, it remains a problem of contrast in the midtones. Also consider the times and light at which you shot the photos. The last photo you uploaded (Jun 07, 2012; 10:45 a.m) seems to be hard sunlight to me, with little shadows; mid-day, which is difficult light to work with. The second last (Jun 07, 2012; 10:31 a.m) is shot in early or late sunlight, which is generally the best light anyway. Others you liked are cloudy, which will also render softer shadows.<br /> So maybe part to consider is also when you made the photo, and what the conditions were.</p>

<p><em>(e come avevo scritto: se vuoi, puoi mandarmi un email per discutterne in più - ma non stasera, sono Olandese, quindi devo tiffare la squadra arancione! :p )</em></p>