Scratches around the lens

<p>I'd agree with Martynas.</p>

<p>You need a rubber ring to remove faceplates without marring them. Gentle pressure, turn anticlockwise, the rubber provides plenty of friction, and off it comes. The rubber cupped things one puts under furniture legs/casters to protect flooring make an ideal rubber ring for a lens like this.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I wouldn't buy a lens with marks of attempted (to an unknown extent) unprofessional repair. If this information were disclosed to you after the transaction, I would suggest that you insist on cancelling it and getting your money back. If the seller was honest in his description of the lens and the price was below average market price - I don't think it would be fair to claim a refund.<br>

I've looked up ebay's completed listings - two of four such lenses sold recently went for ~35EUR, one was sold for 75EUR and someone bought the last one for ... 238EUR... I hope it wasn't you:)</p>

<p>Thank you for your replies! The seller was honest in his description, and I bought this lens for 213 USD including shipping, which is, I think, above average prices. But the seller was kind enough to cancel the transaction and give me full refund. So everything went well! Another thing, is that this particular type of lens, Vega 28, has very complex construction, where every optical element should be adjusted in a controlled environment. So any unpofessional attempts of doing this will damage the lens. Most likely, I would return this lens anyway, which I explained to the seller.</p>