CS6 Vs CS6 Student and teacher

<p>Thank you for your responses in advance.<br /><br />I hope this is the right place to ask this topic.<br /><br />I am going to buy Adobe CS6. At the Apple store I found a Student and teacher edition priced at 249,00. I know these kind of editions are very accessible to students but, just to make sure: are those the same programs that come with the other versions?<br /><br />THank you</p>

<p>They are the same programs yes. I bought the Student teacher version of CS5 when I was still in school. You need to prove you are a student with a valid student/employment number and I believe you have to submit a scan of an identity card.</p>

<p>I believe that there are also limitations on the usage (on the honor system) for student teacher versions - Microsoft Student Teacher version says right on boot up - Not for Commercial Use. </p>

<p>Meaning if you are selling prints / images - you are commercial an in violation of the terms of use. </p>

<p>Dave</p>

<p>As said, the same, but you have to have some kind of <em>dated</em> ID showing you are faculty or student in order to get the access code (if your e-mail is not a university or school email, anyhow).</p>

<p>I have searched the Adobe site for information suggesting that the education license does not allow you to sell products, but I have not found anything like that. If anyone has, I would be interested in seeing the URL. I'm a faculty member and have bought several things on an academic license, and nothing Adobe sent me has this limitation.</p>

<p>Usually, at least in the past, the price of an upgrade was either more, or little less, than the academic price for the program, new. So "upgrade path" has not really been a problem. I have something more than seven or eight licences for various versions of Photoshop and kin.</p>

<p>1. You CAN upgrade the student/teacher versions, there just is no student/teacher upgrade price. You'd need to buy a normal upgrade to a later version.<br>

2. There is no restriction from Adobe on commercial use. <br>

3. The "two machine" restriction is the same as on the normal version. It can only be activated on two machines at a time.</p>