Pentax K-7 and K-5 buried in Afghanistan...DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!

mountainvisions

<p>Just thought some of you would get a kick out of this. Pentax used to do this themselves at trade shows, but then I think some idiot probably got cocky and did something similar and damaged his camera, most likely suing Pentax, because I can find no mention of those previous instances on the web.<br>

<br />

<p>

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Eo61t5fH6Qw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> </p>

<p>Out of the 2 weather resistant bodies that I have opened up ( K10d and K20d) both had evidence showing seal leakage on the bottom plate of the cameras, and I don’t remember exposing it to harsh rain or running it under a tap. I had one of my k10 open and allowed a service tech that maintains our surveying equipment take a look at the weather sealing and he laughed saying he could not warranty any of his work putting the camera back together as weather resistant.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>Ian, it's funny, I've seen people take a wave (salt water) directly with their Pentax camera and keep shooting. Go home, rinse it off, and use it for months more. Clearly, regardless of whether the sealing does break down over time, these cameras offer enough sealing to keep working after being abused. You have to figure, if you had water anywhere in the camera and you were still shooting it, that any other camera would have already been dead.</p>