5D MarkIII download images problem. Need some help please.

Alex

<p>I just finished taking some pictures on a card that I never had an issue with. ((SandDisk UDMA extreme 8GB) I have used this card with my 7D without a problem. I always format the cards on the camera before starting a new shoot if that makes any difference.<br>

I am able to see the images on the camera so I know they are there but when I insert the card into the card reader two different so far it recognize the card but it shows empty. No error messages it just show the card is empty. I have tried with lightroom and going trough my computer and it makes no difference (if I right click on the drive were the card is and click on properties again it shows the cards it's empty)<br>

Does anyone has any idea how to retrieve the images from the card or what can the problem be?<br>

Thanks <br>

Alex</p>

<p>I just found my problem. I went back to the camera and click on format card just to see how much memory was used and noticed that the card was actually empty and all the pictures went to the SD card somehow. I need to double check the settings since I thought it was set up to first shoot on the CF and then on the SD card. Live and learn.<br>

Alex</p>

<p> </p>

<p>On the 1DMKIII, if you turn on the camera with only one chip inserted, it will be your new default write to card until you change it or you turn the camera on with only the other card in. May be the 5DMKIII does the same?!?</p>

<p>That is exactly it. There was a SD card on it and then I inserted the CF card and made the assumption the CF card was going to take precedence but I guess it did not.<br>

Thanks for the insight.<br>

Alex</p>