- Elan 7e

- BP-300

- 85 1.8

- 20-35 4.5/5.6

- 50 1.8

- 420EX

And I plan to buy a 100-300 4.5/5.6 ...

I don't want to carry everything all the time but I'd like a bag

which could carry the elan 7 + BP-300 + 1-2 more lenses ...

Any recommandation ??

Thanks !

Fred

Is a bag really needed? I carried my gear in a bag for years and didn't mind, and I was carrying FD gear tha twas nearly 3 times as heavy as an equivalent amount of EOS gear. I wasalso in perfect health, so I thought. I grew up on a farm, and have worked hard labor my whole life. Apparently my last three years on the construction sites I was carrying a the disc between L4and L5 blown past my spine and didn't realize it until a winter layoff. No more adrenalin and the pain set in. Well since the surgery and thefact tha tI am lucky I can even walk and could potentially blow tha tdisc or any of the other 4 tha tI successfully wore down and dried out from years of abuse, I get a true sense of the force we put on our backs without realizing it. I never noticed until they cut me open, now I get a constant reminder of howmuch force we put there even with a simpl etwist to look over our shoulders. What I did to alleviate this danger is buy a Canon Holster(ZoomPack 1000) it will carry the Elan7 with the BP300, and slings over the shoulder and has a waist strap. I secure it with both and no more camera swinging when I walk, and when I bend over or lean the camera does not fly anywhere or try to slip from my shoulder. You can loop smaller pouches on the belt, I carry the Speedlite in one, and my Bellow folded up in the other. I use the UncleMikes quick load cylinder carriers as film carriers, you can find them in the sporting goods section of any retail store that sells hunting equipment, and carry another small bag about the size of purse really with filters, zoom lensand other misc. stuff. There is enough room in it to carry my 630 with all that stuff too. It was inexpensive, distributes the weight pretty evenly and the stuff I use is way easier to get too than hunting for it in a bag. The little "gadget" bag cost me 5 bucks at wall mart is built out of th esame material as my Zoom Pack, and has plenty of pockets.For those who think that they are pretty strong and don't have to worry about their backs, I felt the same way. My back is still strong. In fact the only reason I didn't get fused is because my back muscles were hard as a rock. According to my surgeon that is also why I didn't feel it until the lay off. I see alot of photgraghers carrying these heavy ass camera bags with their backs bent into a zigzag. One good slip with that bag and you could be laying down, ass in the air wit ha guy in a white smock holding his hand out saying" scalpel." Just something else to think about. Thanks for reading.

Daniel

• 1 year later...