Nikon Wednesday 2012: #23

Matt Laur

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<p>A few friends and I got out of bed very early to find out whether the rumours are true that there's also a short period of good light in the middle of the night, like 6:15 AM. It turned out to be true :-)<br>

Sunrise over the Costa Brava. Nikon D90 with Tamron 17-50 f/2.8.<br>

<a title="Salida de sol por Girona_Flashman, en Flickr" href=" Salida de sol src="http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8009/7289328142_39c730a24b_z.jpg" alt="Salida de sol" width="640" height="425" /></a></p>

<p>Happy Wednesday everyone. Thanks for mentioning my photo from last week Nathan. Nice pun!</p>

<p>What an inspiring collection of pictures once again! My favourites this week are:<br /> Mark's fireworks - I'm always a sucker for those<br /> Jose's jellyfish<br /> Jeannean's and Roberta's egrets - wow! You guys deliver every week :-)<br /> John D'd transit - I think the clouds make it<br /> and last but not least, Jennifer's deer</p>

<p>I decided not to go to London for the Jubilee celebrations and spent the weekend close to home. I took this from a local vantage point at about the time the Queen and thousands of her subjects were getting soaked on the River Thames.</p><div>00aTRa-472371584.jpg.71e6a848537279070e8f478d760e8de5.jpg</div>

<p>What a week...so many beautiful photos!<br>

Matt Laur, Mark Sirota, Bashar Alsabi, Barry Clemmons, Ilkka Nissila, Rick Moran, Jeannean, Scott Sanford, Kent Shafer, Aguinaldo de Paula, Roberta Davidson, Tim Holte, J. Edwards, Janne Kaakinen, Jennifer Meighan, Al Anderson...I loved your pictures a little more than the rest. Cheers!</p>

<p>Along with most everyone else, I was able to photograph the Venus transit yesterday. This was taken in Tucson, AZ where clouds weren't an issue but heat is. This was taken at "Prime Focus" (straight through the telescope) of a 1980's vintage Celestron C5 (1250mm f/10) with a Solar Screen filter (aluminized mylar). The filter passes more blue than anything, so I fixed white balance in Lightroom 4.1. This is full frame from the D40. This is just moments after "2nd contact" when Venus was fully on the sun.</p><div>00aTVC-472431584.jpg.82958e53b7775978b975bdcd4971fb7d.jpg</div>

<p>Another great Wednesday with so many beautiful pictures. Caught this scene at the 'Rolling thunder 2012' event in Washington DC., during the Memorial day weekend. This puppy was so scared of the 'roar' from all those motor cycles, the owner had to carry him </p><div>00aTVD-472433584.JPG.54dcea2f7ed8010766694ac60610ea86.JPG</div>