<p>When I got my computer (Vista) back from the computer technician, everything I opened in Photoshop has a severe red cast to it. He says he didn't tinker with anything specific, but obviously something happened. So, my question is whether this is something I can fix with a couple of clicks. I have Photoshop CS2.<br>

It's a big problem because even though the files themselves look fine in their respective folders, I'm sure the warped view will wind up messing up some images.</p>

<p>Curt</p>

<p>I took it to the technician because it was performing slowly. I have not calibrated my monitor since I got it back. I actually have never done that and don't know how. As I said, though, the problem shows only in Photoshop. Once I've completed the work on an image, it's fine in its folder, but I'd still like to get this fixed.</p>

<p>Curt</p>

<p>Frequently when some weird problem develops, without any changes in the system, it is best to reset the preferences. Something may be corrupted.</p>

<p > <br>

Hold down the ctrl + shift + alt keys and then click on start icon for PS. You should get a reset window.</p>

<p>__</p>

<p>It could also be the color preference that are out fo wack.. make sure under preference / color setting... that the rgb space is set to sRGB or Adobe RGB.. not a printer or monitor profile.</p>

<p>__</p>

<p>Theres also a link on the web, bad video card driver, new setting installation, etc...</p>

<p>heres the link</p>

<p>http://photoshop911.typepad.com/help/2004/01/red_images.html</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Hi Curt – through the helpful advice of more experienced folks here at PN, I learned an extremely important lesson: until you calibrate your monitor, all the tinkering you do will amount to nothing more than increased frustration. If your goal is to get accurate color, you absolutely must calibrate that monitor using a device and software designed for calibration. There are a number of products available for calibration; the one I’m familiar with is the Spyder Pro 4. I use it to calibrate my monitor at least once a month, more often if problems develop.</p>