Photoshop no longer loading pictures after latest update of ACR

<p>I am getting desperate. Today I updated Bridge and Photoshop CS5 with the latest version of ACR, so that I can work with raw images from my new Canon G1X. After updating ACR, I can no longer load any raw pictures into Photoshop. The program is imply stalling. This applies not only to Canon raw pictures, the same thing with my Nikon raw pictures that I opened in Photoshop routinely before this unfortunate update. <br>

My computer is an Apple Mac Book Pro with OS 10.7.4 (the latest operating system). Has anyone here accoutered similar issues and knows how to resolve them?</p>

<p>The G1X requires camera raw 6, so I don't expect updating CS5 would help. I am not sure that CS5 would even recognize the latest update or install it, so there may be some glitch there, you might need to reinstall CS5, although it appears you may just need to get CS6 if you want to use Adobe products--or convert to DNG first (I haven't found any other raw processor other than ACR that will work on DNG's, so not too excited about doing that myself.)<br>

By the way, CS6 is much better anyway.</p>

<p><a href="http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html">See compatibility of ACR with various cameras here</a>.</p>

<p>Just to clarify things further:</p>

<p>The Beta (trial) version of ACR 6.7, which I downloaded three months ago, has been working perfectly together with both Nikon and Canon (G1X) raw pictures. I could open them in Photoshop CS5 without any problems.</p>

<p>The problem I need help with is the following: Adobe has now issued the latest version of ACR for CS5, which is called ACR 6.7, and which I downloaded with Adobe's download service (in Bridge) this morning. Since that download, I am no longer able to open ANY raw pictures in Photoshop CS5. It seems that ACR has ceased working. </p>

<p>Has anyone here had similar problems with ACR 6.7 recently and could help me resolve the problem?</p>

<p>ACR 6.7 should support the G1X - it's the last version of ACR 6 that will work in CS5: http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/05/02/Adobe-releases-ACR-6-7<br /> Try updating ACR again - or download from the adobe website and install again; I assume there was simply a glitch in the installation. Also check if CS5 is up-to-date. Here is a trouble-shooting guide from adobe: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/troubleshoot-camera-raw-photoshop-photoshop.html</p>

<p>Funny! After having closed down the computer and re-opened it, it still did not work at first. But whilst I was looking at my e-mails, after a long delay, suddenly the picture appeared in ACR. Since then, everything works smoothly again.</p>

<p>Should anyone else have the same problem, the solution is to close down the computer, to reload the picture and to have some patience. Hope this works as well for you as for me!</p>