Single press for exposure bracketing w / Nikon D800E

tony_black1

<p>Tony, you can do that with the shutter release set to either Continuous Low (Cl) or High (Ch) and set bracketing to 3 frames. However, you need to hold down the shutter release button for the duration of all 3 frames, from beginning to end. It won't work if you just press down the shutter release button once and immediately let go.</p>

<p>This is possible with the D200 and D300 using the Intervalometer function. Here are the instructions (<strong>not</strong> written by me, BTW), with the goal being to capture an HDR sequence. Perhaps you can adapt to the D800. I've read that the Intervalometer setup is less cryptic with the new cameras so I hope it will be easier for you.</p>

<p>1. Put your camera in manual or a-priorirty mode [so f-stop is a constant and shutter speed is variable]<br /><br />2. Choose the bracket settings you prefer, hold the BKT button and rotate dials until you get the number of frames and exposure difference dialed in.<br /><br />3. Compose your shot while the camera is on the tripod, making sure the camera can find focus [test by holding down shutter halfway, asjust focus point if necessary].<br /><br />4. Hit MENU, SHOOTING MENU [the camera icon], INTVL TIMER SHOOTING <br /><br />5. This next step is a one-time setup, after this you won't need to chg this for this type of interval shooting...<br /><br />6. On the INTVL Shooting menu, highlight NOW, then move to the right. Make sure it reads... 00:00':01" ...then move to the right again and make the next screen show...001 x 1 = 0001<br /><br />7. Now the interval timer is set up correctly..let the lcd turn off, follow these directions for activating the timer...<br /><br />8. Hit Menu, RIGHT (on INTVL TIMER), LEFT (to start now), DOWN, ENTER</p>

<p>Good luck.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I changed my timer settings to shoot multiples exposes and did it that way</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Sean, do you mean you set the Self Timer to capture 5 images (Custom Setting f3) so that you press the shutter release once and it will automatically capture 5 images? With bracketing set, those 5 images will have different exposures.</p>

<p>With that set up, the minimum delay between image captures is 0.5 second, which is also user selectable in f3.</p>