NEC in Asia - Zero Support

<p>I am still struggling with NEC. </p>

<p>I bought the PA301W-BK. I thought the built-in calibration would work with my i1Pro, but it does not. So I then learned I can only calibrate with an i1Pro if I buy SpectraView. Fine. Then they replied 'SpectraView' s/w is not sold in Asia after about 10 emails and 3 weeks. I complained. Then they said you have to buy the NEC i1D2 for it to work and it is $500 USD! I said no I don't, even your own documentation says that, and so after 2 weeks I'm waiting for an answer if they can just sell me the s/w and not the puck.<br>

<br>

On top of that, there is severe light leakage in comparison to my Eizo, Apple Cinema, and Samsung displays. Of course, no response from them on that. They don't even acknowledge my email.<br>

<br>

So my question is - anyone else buy NEC in Asia with similar support issues? It is perplexing given they are made in Japan. I could fly there and back and buy Spectraview in 1 day. Also, any light leakage issues?<br>

<br>

</p>

<p>I recently acquired an NEC PA271W BK-SV display, and based on my dealings with them, I also am <em>not favorably impressed</em>--so far--with NEC service here in the USA.<br>

Light leak around the edge is worse than my friend's 27" iMac screen, depending on the viewing angle. <br>

The color, however, compared to the Macbook Pro 17" screen I was using, is very nice indeed. </p>