Capture NX2 'Show Focus Point'

alastair_anderson

<p>Can anyone suggest reasons why the focus point is not always revealed when the 'show focus point' option is selected? </p>

<p>From the programme help I see: 'Use <strong>Show Focus Point</strong> only on images that have not been enhanced. Using the <strong>Show Focus Point</strong> feature after the image has been rotated, straightened, cropped, or after applying the <strong>Fisheye Lens </strong>or <strong>Distortion Correction</strong> steps may result in the focus area being displayed incorrectly.' and also: 'The focus area will not be displayed if the image was created using a COOLPIX-series camera, a non-CPU lens, or a manual focus lens.'</p>

<p>I'm using AF D or AFS lenses and but still don't always see the focus point.</p>

<p>If you were to use Nikon View NX2, free from Nikon, you do not have to worry about the mouse issue to see the focus point bracket. It shows up on the thumbnail image as well as the full size image assuming you select it by clicking on it in the taskbar across the top of the program. And you can move right into Capture NX2 by clicking on it in the taskbar. I use both programs together. I do not use the browser feature of Capture NX2. I use View NX2 for this function. Joe Smith</p>

<blockquote>

<p>If you were to use Nikon View NX2, free from Nikon, you do not have to worry about the mouse issue to see the focus point bracket. It shows up on the thumbnail image as well as the full size image assuming you select it by clicking on it in the taskbar across the top of the program. And you can move right into Capture NX2 by clicking on it in the taskbar. I use both programs together. I do not use the browser feature of Capture NX2. I use View NX2 for this function. Joe Smith</p>

<p>That is true as long as the photo hasn't been adjusted in CNX2 & then those adjustments are saved within the original NEF.</p>

</blockquote>