Nikon EH-5 and EP-5B Compatibility?

robert_hooper1

<p>Some responses from Nikon USA to related questions:</p>

<p> </p>

<blockquote>

<p><em>What are the differences between the EH-5, EH-5a, and EH-5b power adapters?</em><br>

Aside from differences in size and weight, the <strong >EH</strong>-<strong >5</strong> and <strong >EH</strong>-<strong >5</strong><strong >a</strong> are different in the regard that the <strong >EH</strong>-<strong >5</strong> is not in compliance with the State of California's new Appliance Efficiency Regulations. The <strong >EH</strong>-<strong >5</strong><strong >a</strong> meets these standards.</p>

</blockquote>

<p> </p>

<blockquote>

<p><em>I have an EH-5 AC adapter that was purchased with my D300. Do I really need to purchase an EH-5b for the D800?</em><br>

The <strong >EH</strong>-<strong >5</strong><strong >a</strong> and <strong >EH</strong>-<strong >5</strong> AC adapters can also be used with the D800.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>It would appear the EH-5a is simply a minor update to comply with new regulations.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I cannot say absolutely for sure with a D7000, but I have an EH-5 that I bought for use with my D70 in 2004, and I routinely use it to power my D700 today. The D700 is "supposed to" use an EH-5a adapter, but I have had absolutely no problem using the EH-5 many, many times.</p>

<p>Well, if the EH-5 works with a D700, which is supposed to use the EH-5a, and the EP-5B is made for a EH-5a, then yes. In fact, on the page <a href="http://www.nikonusa.com/Nikon-Products/Product/Power-Packs/27014/EP-5B-Power-Supply-Connector.html">http://www.nikonusa.com/Nikon-Products/Product/Power-Packs/27014/EP-5B-Power-Supply-Connector.html</a> it says "The EP-5B is required when using the AC adapter EH-5/EH-5a to power the camera." So doubly yes.</p>

• 5 months later...

<p>Hello,</p>

<p>I live in Greece. I have an EH-5 AC adapter to power my D70 and D80. Some days before I bought a D7000. I asked the Nikon wholeshale agent in Greece (G & D Damkalidis SA) if I could use EH-5 with my new camera and they told me that I could use it, connected to an EP-5a connector, to power D7000. I ordered it and I found that it didn't work. I called again G & D Damkalidis SA, they told me the same as before and I asked to talk with a technician of theirs. He told me that EP-5a's termilals don't connect to D7000 and that I should buy EH-5a and EP-5b instead.<br /> Reading this discussion I think that I should buy EP-5b which would work with my D7000 and EH-5 AC adapter.<br /> Am I right?</p>