Pricing for photos used in dealer email blast

<p>I've been contacted by a "friend" (more of an acquaintance and FB "friend") who is an athlete and sports shop owner. They (the shop) would like to use two of my action shots of the athlete, which I suppose showcases specific dealer products, in an email blast. I'm happy to allow them to use my photos, I just have no clue as to what is a fair price to charge for what will be a one time use. I also don't suspect a licensing agreement is appropriate for this kind of use. I'd love to know if anyone has any experience or informed opinions that may give me some direction on how to respond to their inquiry. Thanks!</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I also don't suspect a licensing agreement is appropriate for this kind of use.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Licensing is perfect for this kind of use. You need to find out how many emails they intend to send out and work out a fee based on that. The license should also list acceptable use, which in this case would be single use in an advertising email. Use elsewhere (on a website or newspaper advert) would be charged extra.</p>

<p>@ Lorne: the prospect of reducing world SPAM and simultaneously putting my kids through college is intriguing but not likely with a single licensing agreement ; )<br>

@ Dan: I'll inquire about the size of the email distribution. Should I assume a flat fee say per 100 recipients? Or discount (or inflate) as the distribution increases? I really have no clue for a starting price point. Since this is a "friend" I suppose I can just ask what they typically pay. Of course this might reveal that I lack a perception of the value of my work. But since I'm still learning, that's not too far removed from the truth. : )</p>

<p>I would charge them for what you would have charged to go out and shoot the athlete for two hours. No variable use fees just a flat rate buy out. <br>

I am curious (but not asking) under what circumstances the images were created to begin with, theorizing the images are useless to you without a model release and with zero shelf life, so it qualifies as found money.</p>