Going nuts over lighting needs for upcoming wedding.

Alex

<p>Ian--yeah, I can dig it. Oh, oh. Giving away my age now...</p>

<p>Anyway, I used to own Nikon. I still have an F and an FM with manual focus lenses. I respect the company a lot. I have to also admit I wasn't particularly impressed by files from the D700, which I processed. I should, of course, give it another few chances.</p>

<p>My priority has always been image quality to impress myself (within business ruled confines). That was the reason I finally bought a Hasselblad with Zeiss lenses way back when.</p>

<p>uh, uh, uh, well I haven't used them extensive enough to know too much about the metering, but they do allow for ETTL or Manual controls with each individual flash able to be controlled from the master. You can't use ETTL on one and M on another, but you could shoot full power on one and 1/2 power on another, for example. And as for them being superior to off camera flashes of different types, I can't say that either, but as far as shoe flashes, such as the 580EX, they are amazing.</p>

<p>Just a quick update. Not to my surprise the PW do work in manual on the Mark III I just tried a few portraits and I used the Einstein by itself with the MC2 and a mini as a trigger, then I added a 580 EX to the mix (manual power and they both worked just fine) Therefore I can use the 7D and the Mark III with PW in manual mode. </p>