Transporting An Epson 3800 Printer - Suggestions?

<p>There must be something here on this subject but in a quick search I didn't see anything.<br>

We're moving about 2,000 miles away. My Epson 3800 printer will be in a moving van for about 5-6 days. Should I remove the ink cartridges and if so should I put tape over the outlets or do something else to keep them from leaking or drying up (it will be about two weeks before the printer is hooked up in the new location)? Does anyone have any suggestions or links to sources of information about securing the printer to make sure it still works after the move (other than packing it well of course). I know that when I bought the printer I had to remove tape from several places in the printer but I don't remember what parts were taped. </p>

<p>I transported mine 2300 miles. I had kept all the foam inserts and blue tape and the original box. All I did was retape the foam back in the way it originally came to the best of my memory and secured it in the box, and then teated it all with kid gloves. I did not remove the ink and I don't remember any advice to do so from the manual. My printer is a 3880, though.</p>

Push the print head carriage to

the right until it stops. This

will allow the capping station

to mechanically rise up andf

seal around the print head.

Tape the carriage to the frame

to hold it in place. Secure

the dust cover over the paper

feed and tape it. Secure the

dust cover at the page

discharge and tape it. That's

all you need to do.