<p>I've been happily sending clients links to private web pages where I put up low res versions of images from shoots for them to pick from. </p>

<p>I've always worried that clients viewing images on an un-calibrated monitor would not see the images at their best, but even though I have a calibrated monitor, I noticed when I was checking the web pages in a browser that they had more intense blacks than in lightroom, and I then I viewed them using a different browser and they looked a little washed out, having lost a lot of colour vibrance.</p>

<p>So now I am wondering if there is a better way of previewing images to clients that might at least give consistent results?</p>

<p>I will try to attach a screen grab of the same web proof viewed on different browsers (I found the screen grab was a bit flatter than either of the browsers :( </p>

<p> </p><div>00a8qy-450305684.jpg.9caee9cb74079519ffd8ed50bf131628.jpg</div>

<p>yeah i know, it would be easy.. but just learn to *detach* yourself from it, explain to your client that what they see colorwise is probably not as it should, and that the final file will be spot on.</p>

<p>Then when you send them a DVD, put a contact sheet / 8x10 print with it so they can see that it look good for real even if on there monitor its too red / blue / dark / light etc... its a small price to pay (printing 8x10 with 1-2-4 image on it) vs having to justify all your work all the time with clients... i do this for at least 10 years, and man, i can sleep well at night knowing that my client know for sure that what he see on print look good.. nobody need a calibrated monitor or a device to look at print!</p>

<p>But what happen when i deliver my file electronically via yousendit?.. i obviously cant send a print with it .. they just need to believe in me and trust my experience and my knowledge.. after all it is why they hire you / me in the first place no?</p>

<p>+1 to Patrick's suggestion to send clients an 8x10 with a few representative images. </p>

<p>I've done the same thing for years and it solves a lot of problems even before they get a chance to start.</p>

<p>In the case of electronic delivery, everyone has a snail mail address. Even if the 8x10 arrives after the file, it shuts up the people who just can't imagine their huge, ultra-high-contrast monitor isn't "good". If they start complaining before the mail is delivered, simply ask them to be patient. </p>

<p>:thumbs-up:</p>

<p>Tom M</p>