Retina iia hood

<p>often times, it's the little things that make you break out in a grin. today while rumaging through a box of lens hoods, I found a series vi lens hood from kodak and a bit farther down in the bottom of the box...the matching adapter for my retina iia. i've come to really like the character of this little rangefinder and its xenon 2/50mm lens. i mostly scale focus with it since i use it for outdoor street and family shoots and i improvised a tele wide viewfinder from my yashica G to make framing much easier on my aging eyes than it's built in rangefinder window, but the lens does flare at certain angles so finding the matching hood and adapter is a treat. i love the precision of the synchro compur shutter and i just really enjoy the design and charm of the camera. relating the various series designations to the 29.5mm filter thread size took some research and the series vi hood rests gently against the folding latch of the camera front enclosure. i'll probably have to be careful if i take the hood off not to accidentally cross thread it to the lens when i put it back on. i am taking it with me tomorrow to record the st pats festivities around the town. i'm sure to go unoticed by most but to thosewith a discerning eye for vintage cameras perhaps i'll get to strike up a conversation. cheers!</p>

<p>The clearance between the lens and the front door is so tight that even a thin filter can't be left in place when closing it (and it must be focused at infinity). Putting on/taking off the sunshade is a PITA.<br>

What a wonderful camera it is! Probably the ultimate (for its day) example in German design/engineering.</p>