Leica M body dent repair tool

john_dey

<p>My Leica M4 body got a small flat spot on its round end. The end that holds the film cartridge. The dent was slight but it was enough to keep the film cartridge from being able to exit the camera. An old photo.net article talked about the same problem. One of the recommendations was to make a wooden die and press the dent out. So I gave it try and it worked great. <br>

Leica M4 Repair Tool

<div>00aIYU-459841584.jpg.bb34f1c88bb1e9049b73963333abba19.jpg</div>

<p>No applause?! This is great. There's more detail at flickr. He'd dropped the M4 and the film wouldn't come out. With one tap of a rubber mallet he hit the piece of wood with the convex end placed inside the film receptacle part of the body, nestled in the concave slot as shown. Film cannister now goes in and out just fine. Light-tight, baseplate seating properly. Cured. Well done.</p>

<p>Richard, re "No applause?!"<br /><br />I thought it was a novel solution and posted my congratulations to the OP immediately after John posted. Now I am surprised to see that my comments didn't post. I *was* watching Peter Sellers' "Return of the Pink Panther" I think I'll blame it on the Inspector!<br /><br />Great job, John!<br /><br /><br /></p>

<p>Wonderfully put, Richard! I think the fights with Cato are my favorite parts. Everytime I see Peter Sellers, especially in Doctor Strangelove, I am awed by his talent. My 8 y/o laughed until he had hiccups at Sellers' comedic genius in the Pink Panther. No HD, 3D, surround sound needed. :-D</p>

• 5 months later...