Requirement to register prior to seeing photo stock

dds701

Hello,

I have a website up and running, have many categories of images, and online store to sell prints, photo cards etc.

I have and continue to pay several SEO's for promoting my site. The clicks and impressions (hits) have been dismal,

at best 3-6 a week). Most images are keyworded. I continue to ad images weekly.

My question is this: Should I require, as some sites do, the visitor to registor/sign in when they visit? This is a turn

off to some but in the business sense it provides a client contact list to send reduced price events, special offers etc.

Thanks and best regards,

Doug

When I come to a web site that requires personal information before showing me anything I just move on, always. Many people, most of them younger I've noticed, have no problems doing that though. For me, I want to see at least some of what you have first.

Rick H.

<i>This is a turn off to some but in the business sense it provides a client contact list to send reduced price events, special offers etc. </i><P>

Assume you are a potential customer. Would you want to sign up for spam before you even see what the business is offering? Or would you hit the back button on your browser and go somewhere else?

<p>I run a photo library in a particular niche area. I let visitors to my website see all images on offer - low res and watermarked. If they want to download a low res comp they have to register, and of course to buy. I've noticed that most of my "competitors" (in quotes, because really I'm no threat/competition to them!) don't show any images at all unless you register.</p>

<p>Mine is a B2B service, but in general I feel that potential clients would want to know what you are offering before nowing whether it is worth registering. I guess I also have an open-mindset!</p>

<p>Most people do not even wait for some quasi artsy-craftsy video to load for a slide show along with some "wonderful" music. I am willing to bet that many more are unwilling to "register" to see what someone is offering to sell. It is always best to not make it difficult or slow for any potential customers or clients to become aquainted with what is offered for sale.</p>

<p>I agree with Allen<br>

You play music, I'm out of here.<br>

You force me to "sign up", I'm out of here.<br>

You show me some good photos, tell me about your self, get me interested in your stuff, give me something for free (doesn't have to be much - maybe some advise would be enough)... I'll sign up and see what else you have. I might even buy something from you just because I can relate to your story or like your style. Maybe just because you didn't play music and make me watch a video as your site's intro.</p>

<p>If your basic issue is getting people to come onto the site, I really can't see that taking a step that will reduce visits to be the right thing to do. I spend no time at all promoting my website; neither do I pay anyone else to do so. But I still get quite a lot more hits than you. Thats where your problem lies. Until you get a decent number of people coming onto your site you really don't know whether you have a conversion problem or not. The process of getting people to the site just isn't working, </p>

Hello,

Thanks David, here is what I have found out since OP. My site traffic link (Yola) shows 99 visits and 45 visitors in the last 30 days whereas MSN/Bing and Facebook were only reporting 12-24!

I don't think I will continue to pay SEO's. I'm thinking the key, at least one of them is effective keywording of all my images. And continue the self promotion process however possible. Site has only been published7 months so....

Any suggestions would be appreciated, didn't plan on getting rich, just was gonna try sell a few to contribute to my daughters health expenses.

Thanks again