Do I really need a printer

<p>What can't you figure out? The printer comes with its own software for printing directly onto CD/DVD's. You can do rudimentary design in the program or import a graphic file created in another program. I've used it for years, never had a problem. What are you trying to accomplish?</p>

<p>I don't own a photo printer anymore. I have found them to be nothing but frustration. You get some nice prints, and then the ink starts to run low and quality suffers. Or the thing stops working right and it's cheaper to buy a new one than repair the old one.<br>

Much more satisfying to just order prints from <a href="http://www.mpix.com/">mpix</a> or <a href="http://www.nationsphotolab.com/">nations photo lab</a>. I don't think they print on a CD/DVD though. (I've never had occasion to do that.)<br>

A quick google search revealed that <a href="http://www.mixonic.com/cd-printing/">mixonic</a> appears to offer what you want.</p>

<p>@Matthew, did you notice that the minimum quantity for CD/DVD printing at Mixonic is 300 units? I doubt the OP needs that many.</p>

<p>@Colin, if your printer uses a removable CD tray, make sure it is placed exactly correctly (i.e., align the arrows carefully) before pressing Print. On my R320, I often had to push the tray forward as the cycle began to ensure that it was grabbed properly by the rollers.</p>

<p>As for making your own prints, with a little care and attention to detail, you can make better prints than most labs, on a wider choice of paper, than most local labs. Especially if you are looking to make fine-art prints not snapshots.</p>

<p><Chas></p>

<p>Interestingly enough, Mixonics website says "starting at 300 units" for CD Replication, but you can order packages with as few as 100 pre-printed CDs, so.... It might be economically feasible to have someone pre-print a generic label/logo on some CDs for later use. But then you're still stuck hand writing the actual title, date, contents, etc. on the disc, which I think looks unprofessional.</p>

<p><Chas></p>

<p>I've never used Mixonic, but I note that under both CD and DVD production it says "Order as few as 1 unit". According to their quote engine, 1 CD with a full color picture, four panel full color insert and jewel case costs $4.89 plus shipping. I can't imagine ordering only one. What happens if the burn fails? I would want a few extras.<br>

I'm not sure if Mixonic is economically practical for the OP, but it looks to me like it is an option. Which is what he asked for.</p>

<p>I think I have a clogged nozzle, all the tests look ok but the first position looks like it doesnt print. The print quality seems great except for a little light and off color, which I am assuming is from the mystery nozzle clog. Just seems to me if I can get decent cd prints from somewhere I could save on the amout of money I spend on ink. Besides that everytime I try to load a roll of paper, it just errors out (flashing power and paper jam button, but top loader works fine. Just seems like a ton of hassle when I can go down the street and make beautiful prints. But maybe I should just clean this one reallllly well and go from there. Maybe patience is what I need over anything!<br>

Thank you all for your responses! </p>