stupid cover for remote on eos 3

carl_weller

does anyone know if you can buy replacements for the little rubber

thing that pushes in to cover the shutter-release remote port on the

3?

mine fell off 4 times over a 2 week holiday and it wasn't a fun

experience looking for the damn thing all over the place.

even better. is there a 3rd-party solution? (not interested in taping

the hole with gaffer tape guys)

thanks a bunch,

carl

The only permanent solution is to get an EOS-1v, although I've heard that one person had the cover come off even though it is desingned so that it is retained whether open or closed.

Unfortunately, Canon does not do minor upgrades on their camera bodies to improve small design definciencies as current EOS-3s have the same shortcoming as far as I know.

If you are adventurous, you can order the part for the 1v and cut off the little retaining nub on the cap that keeps it from coming off the camera and glue the retaining part to the camera with contact cement.

If you are really adventurous, you can drill a small hole next to the remote port and just pop that sucker into it. I can't guarantee either is fool-proof as it's just an idea off the top of my head.

thanks guys,

although it seems there's not really an answer to the problem. i'll order a few and just keep losing them i guess.

normally such a little thing wouldn't bother me, but the remote port without a cover could be a problem in wet weather - it being an electrical contact point and all...

carl

ps. a couple of the suggestions were surprisingly brutal. i couldn't glue something on my baby, much less drill a hole in her :)