• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<p>Greetings from the depths of northern Ontario.<br>

Most of this week's photos are about birds. Mine is 'for the birds'.<br>

This was the scene in our backyard Saturday morning. It was repeated on Tuesday and prospects are for the same tomorrow.<br>

Harry and Hattie love it. This may be evidence that Corgis can influence climate.</p><div>00aJgu-460897584.jpg.0192eae47b2f9f94a05d8e9293567637.jpg</div>

<p>I went to Chicago, IL for a conference two weeks ago. Did get some really nice pictures, but they were in my mind because I did not responded fast enough and failed to press the shuttle. So here is look-I-have-been-there one.</p><div>00aJiT-460921584.jpg.75da676102b10f520582c0624e08ce27.jpg</div>

<p><em>why did you shot this stopped down to f/4?</em></p>

<p>I was trying to achieve a consistent look between wide angle shots (which I made at f/1.4 with the 35/1.4) and the tele shots and with the 135, f/4 gave me a reasonable match in terms of how the background looks (the wide angle shots included typically a few people so the magnification is less). At f/4 the whole body is in focus in this shot even in a large print whereas at f/2.8 sharpness variations at different points of the dress become visible (this may or may not be a problem depending on what you're looking for).</p>