Some Images of the D800 Camera

ShunCheung

<p>To answer Steven's question, I would say the D800 has about the same high-ISO performance as the D7000. That is quite expected as they have similar pixel density. However, the D800 has a lot more pixels so that you can down sample if necessary.</p>

<p>I posted some image sample in this thread: <a href="../casual-conversations-forum/00aD4K">http://www.photo.net/casual-conversations-forum/00aD4K</a></p>

<p>The D800 has pretty crazy resolution but the image files are indeed big. I edit my RAW files in photo.net, add a second layer, and it can easily be 500M each.</p>

<p>Steven, that is the part that get complicated so that the answer is not stranight forward.</p>

<p>The D700, D7000, and D800 all have maximum ISO 6400; beyond that is Hi 1, etc. Nikon has been very consistent about that, and my rule of thumb is that I can use up to one stop below max and still get very good results. In other words, I am comfortable to use up to ISO 3200 on all three.</p>

<p>Between the D700 and D7000, I would say the D700 is about 1/2 to 2/3 stop better. There is no question between those two. Therefore, if you look at the pixel level for both, the D700 is going to beat the D800 by half a stop, give or take. However, the D800 has 3 times as many pixels; once you down sample the D800's image to 12MP to match the D700, it becomes debateable which one is "better."</p>

<p>One thing is obvious is that the D800 can produce a lot more fine details than the D700, and the D800 files are big. Please take a look at the image sample I posted to the thread I mentioned a few posts earlier. The details on the window blinds and business hours on the door are crazy.</p>