Which Intervalometer for 1DMkIIn?

paulie_smith1

<p>Have a nice EOS 1DMkIIn and would like to do some time lapse work with it. I see what Canon makes and going online I see stuff like Satachi(sp?) and others making something similar.<br>

Does it really make a difference getting the Canon model for $100 or so more than one of the others?<br>

Have done a search but not finding what I am looking for. Many posts about making one and altering stuff - but electronics and I don't mesh at all for making stuff. If it is not idiotproof from the beginning I don't have much luck.<br>

With many other things I have found aftermarket the equal or even better than the maker provides. Does that hold true here?</p>

There is absolutely no need to get the very overpriced TC 80-N3, the aftermarket ones, especially the Chinese clones,

will do the job fine.

I do have the Canon one that I bought years ago before copies were widely available, there is one very nice feature if you

are using flash with your time lapse, which I do, the Canon trigger will wake your camera and flash up one minute before

the actual exposure, this gives the flash time to charge, it then refocuses ten seconds before the shot and then let's

everything go back to sleep after the shot, even if you are using radio triggers. If you get a copy and use flash then make

sure it does the wake thing.

I currently have a 1D doing the fourth animation in a series for an artist, the TC 80-N3 is perfect for my uses.

<p>I'm using a Satechi (<a href="http://www.amazon.com/Satechi-Control-Shutter-EOS-D2000-Compatible/dp/B0018205KE">http://www.amazon.com/Satechi-Control-Shutter-EOS-D2000-Compatible/dp/B0018205KE</a>) with my 1D MkII and have nothing bad to say about it.</p>

<p>(Note: Some of the reviews will say there is no on/off switch. That my be true for early versions but mine does have one.)</p>