D800 Sport, Landscape and Portrait images

mike_brehaut

<p>Hi,<br>

Thanks very much for all of your comments, much appreciated :)<br>

The lenses used were a mix of the 14-24 for the first couple of landscapes, the 70-200 for the portraits and the 24-70 for the last landscape (all Nikon lenses). <br>

I don't normally do 100% crops (or do tests for that matter) but I have been so impressed by the D800 it is astounding. The out of focus area seems much improved with the extra pixels and makes any lens look wider than it is.<br>

I shoot in manual mode, the landscapes were f/11 at various shutter speeds, the cyclist I think was 1/800 of a second (fast as she was coming towards me) and the off camera flash pictures and natural light portraits were around f/4 at 200th or 320th of a second. Funnily enough a 320th seems to work fine with flash, I'll test that further tomorrow. The final landscape was f/11 at one fifth of a second I think.<br>

Cheers, I'll post some more over the weekend as I'm shooting some studio and more outdoors.<br>

Mike</p>

<p>Hi Dan, thanks, yes it is a great place to live, very expensive to get off though as I'm sure most islands are.<br>

Thanks Shun, hahaha, I used to shoot Canon but I don't think there are any left on the site from those days (on my flickr site there are a few.<br>

Cheers<br>

Mike</p>

<p>Mike, superb images. If I may ask, and I did notice that you manually focused for the posted images, have you nonetheless AF fine tuned any of your lenses with the D800 to date?<br>

I can only hope to get results such as yours with my D800, but as a very determined amateur, I'll keep trying until I get more satisfactory keepers. Best wishes!</p>