NikonUSA

rubi_vale

<p>Anybody place an order with the Nikon Store within the last 10 days or so? I did for a D700 and Nikon customer service seems clueless as to when they will ship. For a vertically integrated business this seems ludicrous. My suspicion is that either their system is trashed or they are low on inventory.</p>

<p>It looks like most stores are out of the D700 now, including B&H, Adorama, and Amazon themselves. Some stores that sell thru Amazon still have it at a higher price.</p>

<p>Another issue is that B&H and Adorama are closed for Passover for the next two weeks or so.</p>

<p>Additionally, any camera manufacturing capacity Nikon has at their Sandai factory should be dedicated to the D4 and D800 at this point. Those are clearly the hot items for now. I am not sure that they will still manufacture any more D700.</p>

<p>I do agree with Shun's assessment. My primary reason for getting a D700 was to relegate my D300 as a 2nd body, and maintain compatability with accessories, particularly my recently purchased MB-D10 Battery Grip. I was going to stretch the budget for a D800 until I found out how much the battery grip was. Don't care about video (at this time).<br>

At $2,200 from B&H instead of about $3,600 for the D800 and Grip, that sealed the deal for me. I know I am missing bazillions of megapixels, but for now........<br>

BTW Shun. Thanks to you guys for all you do with this forum. I have learned much.</p>

<p>Yes the warranty on refurbs is 90 days from Nikon but you can also buy new from them.<br>

I purchased my D300s from them because at the time they where the only one who had it in stock.<br>

After using mostly B&H I found the Nikon store to be very slow and very poor at communicating</p>

<p>The only thing I ever ordered from the Nikonstore was a 105VR when it was out of stock everywhere else. Took a few days to ship if my memory serves me, but it did.</p>

<p>D700 now seems out of stock at NikonUSA, maybe their system was not updated, then you may be out of luck.... </p>

<blockquote>

<p>Just surprising that their store front and COF don't seem to have caught up with the 21st century :)</p>

</blockquote>

<p>As long as their cameras and lenses are well into the 2nd decade of the 21st century, I am fine. I can buy them from other stores. :-)</p>

<p>I bought a refurb D7000 from Nikon USA a few months ago when you couldn't find them anywhere- A third party software company from (I think) Norway hosts their web store in the U.S. When a European clearing house tried to charge me for the purchase, my VISA debit was shut down until I called VISA and told them to let the purchase go through. It was a bit embarrassing to find out the card was locked up while I was trying to buy groceries... One of those obvious things you'd think a company would consider when doing business in the U.S. I agree they're a bit behind the curve.</p>

<p>If you are referring to the girl who answers the phone, yes I know what you mean. I don't know if all Nikon stores are as bad as this one. I'll keep B&H.<br>

When I was looking for the D7000, there are 4 sites that I called and got the same dude with attitude. All four sites have different prices but he told me "I told tu wid insurance 'n everytin' it came to the same price, $1270 and 'bout 3 weeks". <br>

I'd never realized how scary it is out there when I look to buy a camera online.</p>