Looking for Fuji GS645 door seals

brian_godfrey

• 4 weeks later...

<p>Hi Brian,</p>

<p>I highly recommend getting in touch with Jon Goodman:</p>

<p>JGood21967@aol.com</p>

<p>He sells kits with pre-cut foam lengths at a very reasonable price, $10-15, with excellent documentation. Plus, he's a heck of a decent guy to work with.</p>

<p>Get in touch with him and tell him I sent you!</p>

<p>Paul</p>

www.paulwhitingphotography.com

• 9 months later...
<p>For the record (I had a near death experience last March and was out of touch for a while) I decided to send the camera in for a complete CLA and had the seals changed at that time. I did, however, contact Mr. Goodman for seals for a Canon QL17 and was quite happy with them. Thank you for the info.</p>

<p>Brian,<br>

<br />Sorry to hear about your health issues... but I'm amazed you're still tracking this thread. I would take that as a good sign!</p>

<p>Sounds like you had some issues besides seals with your Fuji - and your complete CLA job on it sounds like it was worth it. I have a Fuji GS645S myself, am just getting to know it better.</p>

<p>And I'm glad you were able to reach Jon Goodman, a very decent person. The Canon QL17 has a good reputation and I'd surmise it was well worth your effort to replace its seals.</p>

<p>Best regards,</p>

<p>Paul</p>

www.paulwhitingphotography.com

<p>Yes, things are looking up again. Thanks. I'm not technically "tracking" this thread. I just happened upon it while looking for another one I had asked about. I thought I'd update it in case anyone came along and wondered how it turned out.<br /> My faithful old GS645 folds down to a pretty small size and light weight for a medium format camera. It's much more compact than any SLR and has a very nice lens. I used to travel a lot back in the 1980s and '90s and it has been to quite a few cities in a few countries slipped into a corner of my briefcase. I hadn't used it for probably ten years and that just didn't seem right, so now it is back in service.<br /> The QL17 is nice and very compact with a sharp lens, but sure does take a small negative by comparison. :-)</p>