Photo of restaurant

sunsets

<p>Hello I have been out taking night time pictures and have posted one of these on my facebook page. I received a message from an owner of this restaurant that he would like to buy the rights to this picture. I do this as a hobby but I would like to maybe sell it. First off I dont want to underprice it as to that just hurts the professional photographers out there. And when you sell the rights to it just what does that mean? As in can I keep mine up on my page and can I print it for my use? What would be a reasonable price for this type of request. Thanks Robert</p><div>00ZtTu-434953584.jpg.a6f91d14d967cf49a4fdd9344e1c9d26.jpg</div>

<p>Pricing depends on what you are selling to him and what he is going to do with the image.</p>

<p>If he is buying it just to control the usage of it (meaning that he doesn't want it appearing on your page) - then the price would be different than if he where using it for a local, regional or national advertising campaign. For a single image - used as artwork in the restuarant - I might charge $200 - 300</p>

<p>As to whether or not you can keep the image up on your page - that is dependant on the licensing agreement that you sign with him.</p>

<p>Best advice - seek out an Intellectual Property lawyer to help you with the contract wording and negotiations.</p>

<p>Dave</p>

<p>Ask the owner if he may be interested in working out a way to hang your work in the restaurant, along with rack cards or business cards.<br>

Also, if the fee is going to be for just a couple of hundred dollars you may want to trade for X-amount of food/beverage. No taxes and you might get more for your photo, since the food and booze does not cost him as much. I would try to make sure that you also retain the rights, unless you have other photos or can shoot it again and place the moon in the future shots. I like the colors and of course the moon. Is it me or is it slightly out of focus?</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I dont want to underprice it as to that just hurts the professional photographers out there.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Whatever motives you have are fine but there's no duty you owe to anyone just in case you thought there was. After all, if you give someone a ride you don't have a some obligation to charge some particular amount to avoid hurting the professional taxi drivers out there. If a neighbor offers to pay you to paint their fence, do you go online to ask painters how much they charge because, otherwise, it "just hurts the professional painters out there"?</p>

<p>John It was windy as heck and I was shooting long exp. Is it out of focus maybe as I am vision impaired and I have to let the camera do the best it can. Also this was my first try at hdr so there are 7 images here if that can cause that. But to the part of asking online for price ranges I dont want to set a trend and drive prices down. So weddings are 600 dollars because people buy a camera and shoot snapshots and photographers are 2000 and up and going broke but do better work . So if I hit a sore spot well get over it.</p>