Shortest focal length for Bessa R2M

woolly1

<p>Hello all,<br>

I am in the throws of receiving a Voigtlander R2m and as many of you know the switch on the top will allow you to chosse frame lines from 90mm to 35mm. My question is what is the shortest lens that has it's frame edges still viewable in the viewfinder disregarding the lines. If part of the frame is outside of the lines but still viewable I'm fine with that so long as I have enough to compose.<br>

Notwithstanding the lines I presume I could still mount say a 21mm lens on the M mount and just 'pan' left to right and estimate a composition. How much would I be missing .. a little or a lot.<br>

I don't really want to have to buy an extra R4 body unless I have to when I am already commited to the R2m. I prefer not to have a shoe mounted finder due to the posibility of disturbing the RF with a knock.</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>'Plan B'<br /> ..... turns out to be a Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Aspherical Super Wide Heliar plus the 15mm dedicated viewfinder. :-)<br>

Just have to be careful with it.</p>

<p>What the heck! It's my birthday and who knows better than I what presses my buttons!</p>

<p>You'll love the 15mm... just be carefull to keep your finger out of the wide wide vision of that lens ;-)<br>

My outfit is a grey (beautifull color) R2A with Ultron 35mm f1.7 and a grey (different but also beautifull color) anniversary T with the 15mm. The 90mm f3.5 is mounted on both camera depend of need. Some time, I went out just with the T and a 25mm f4. </p>