Rolleiflex 2.8E Loading Issue

geoff_r1

<p>I recently bought a Rolleiflex 2.8E, and the first few rolls went through perfectly. The frame spacing was a little uneven, but no real issue. This is the model for 120 and 220 film. </p>

<p>Today I’ve had two rolls spool right through to the end rather than stopping at the first frame, and one roll which went through as normal. I put the film beneath the bar at the bottom, is there anything else I need to be aware of? Hopefully this is my error, and not an issue with the camera. </p>

<p>Were all of the rolls the same film manufacturer and type?</p>

<p>The "bar" is a thickness gage that controls the operation of the frame stop lever.<br>

<br /> The bar senses the thickness of the paper + film + masking tape and uses that<br /> information to decide when the film is actually being transported.</p>

<p>The bar is adjustable. Perhaps the rolls that failed were not thick enough to trip it.</p>

<p>- Leigh</p>

<p>I've had very similar problems with my Rolleiflex 2.8E2. Ilford and Kodak film run through the roller fine. And Fuji used to. But Efke, FOMA, and others from Eastern Europe run right through without stopping. The more recent rolls of Fuji have been going through without stopping.....perhaps they're using a different backing paper?</p>

<p>I've since put another roll of Foma through, and had no problem. The two rolls which spooled straight through to the end where loaded while I was walking. It works fine when I stop and load carefully....I suspect maybe I touched the roller bar, didn't load them straight, or some other silly mistake! </p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>Advance very slowly after hooking up to take-up spool. The rollers may be slow or need a repair, difficult and expensive, as seen on internet. A good repairman could tell you. A very old Rollei user told me to never wind like a motor drive! This camera was built for gentlemen and gentlewomen with class and elegance! You only have 12 shots unless 220. Go slow. Try reloading the offending rolls again. Check for bits of paper and debris from eastern Europe!</p>