An outing with the 8x10

<p>Well Jon, you make me want to get an 8x10 camera, I love those images. But i don't think i could afford one unless i sell my car, well maybe not even then if you seen my car..lol. Especially love that 1st shot, I see nothing uncomfortable about it; its simply beautiful, and like Soeren stated, it looks magical.</p>

<p>John,<br>

What are you using to scan your 8x10's? I want to get my 8x10 out, but all I have for scanning is a Nikon LS8000 and an old Epson 2450. Neither one will come close of course. I thought about making a light source for the Epson 2450 to cover 8x10, but don't know if it's worth the hassle. Do you contact print your 8x10's and if so what is your paper. JohnW</p>

<p>thanks for the comments, my scanner is a epson v700, i contact print my 8x10's using my omega d2 for my light source and arista edu ultra rc paper, its a really good paper and reasonably priced, I enjoy the 8x10 but it isnt cheap to shoot at all, i just ran out of film with this latest excursion, time to give some blood and buy me some more : ))</p>

<p>John as I see it the river photo is very hard to meter you have your hard white and hard black and to get them to work as far as I am concerned is not an easy task, taking that in to consideration your a good photographer and your black & white are always at the top of chart in my book, your IR photo where great, Please shoot that scanner (LOL) very well presented here John:<br>

Maybe ones of these day's I'll take my 5x4 out and use that 6.5 "Goerz Dble Anastigmat on a Volute shutter<br>

who know It just might be : : Lauren</p>

<p>hey lauren, ya sometimes i would love to shoot this thing lol, ya that water scene was a toughie, it was getting late in the evening, i was trying to get the 8x10 set up as fast as i could (thats a chore) there was hardly any in between tones at all, it was either all white or all black, so i just said the heck with it and shot it, i brought my dev. time down a bit trying to control the whites, the print actually looks pretty decent. oh ya i bought a cart to tote my camera around in, i was always paronoid about carrying it by the handle. heading back tomorrow gotta shoot 4x5 though, my 8x10 film wont be here till next week.</p>

<p>I have an old Epson 2450 and tried without success to make it work with 8x10 negatives. I does very well with 4x5 negatives and transparencies. Had to use a Nikon D40 digital camera with a macro lens and a light table to digitize the first several 8x10 negatives I made. I found an Epson V700 on craigslist for a good price and am perfectly happy. </p>

<p>Lauren, no problem! I think the 4990 should be fairly cheap used and I'm sure that one has an 8x10 tranny/light source. I don't need one right away and can wait 'til one falls in my lap. I still have a fully functional darkroom so contact printing is an option until the 4990 shows up. JohnW</p>

<p>here is one more I shot today, this one was shot late in the evening and it was getting dark quickly, again with the calumet c1 but this one was shot with the 7 in. wollensak, exposure time was 12 <a href="mailto:minutes@f32">minutes@f32</a>, it was getting pretty foggy</p><div>00ZqIm-431711584.thumb.jpg.205ba45ae9d38586f4ec6275eacfd6b4.jpg</div>