Photoshop, how to duplicate files and save dupes as thumbnails?

<p>I have Photoshop CS5. Have worked with Photoshop since version 2. But, a lot I don't know or understand.<br>

I do RAW conversions using BreezeBrowserPro because it gives me the best looking results.<br>

Now I have a gallery of en event with 200-900 or so Jpeg(or TIFF) files in it. I have Bridge and have recently started using it for some things. How do I duplicate all of a gallery and save it in a separate location? When I duplicate the files they show next to the originals in Bridge. I need to put them in another file folder or location - how do I do that. Searching help in photoshop or Bridge doesn't give me any results.<br>

Then, how do I reduce all of them to thumbnail sized images? I wanted to duplicate and reduce in one step but apparently I can't. Or it appears I can't and searching does not give any answers from Adobe on it.<br>

I am trying to use a web service for displaying images and uploading 10 MB files takes about 6 minutes each. Will take me 15 hours to upload one gallery and I have a number to do. I can't spend that time on it. If I can duplicate and convert in one relatively quick step I can upload and use this newer web hosting which looks much nicer than what I have been using.<br>

Yes, I have Lightroom 3 and it is (to me) more complicated than Chinese Arithmatic. Incomprehensible. Not at all like Photoshop. I'll probably sell it soon because of that.<br>

Anyone have a relatively simple workflow to duplicate a full gallery, save to a different location and convert all to thumbnails - using Bridge with CS5? That is what I need. I figure there must be a way and I am not asking the right questions to the Photoshop help folks or the help features either one.</p>

<p>Thanks to those who can help.</p>

<p>I would be using Windows Explorer to copy either a file or a folder to another folder. Then a batch process in my editor to do the resize and compression also ending up in a third folder. Leaving the original files untouched as back-up if something goes wrong with the batch process. <br>

I don't have any of your programmes.</p>

<p>In Bridge I did not find FILE>automate.<br>

I have tried to do this from Bridge now by duplicating the files but it saves them along with the Jpegs I am trying to save elsewhere. Won't let me do this.<br>

I need to reduce the file size from 7-11 MB to thumbnail size and still can't figure out how to do it.<br>

Closest I have come so far is to open them in Photoshop and one at a time reduce the size and save.<br>

Will take hours to do this one gallery and probably a few years to do them all.<br>

There has to be a simple way to do this and my trying the help/search with Bridge has not found it yet.<br>

At this point the more I look the more frustrated I am getting and am surely missing the simple solutions.</p>

<p>Since you are already using Breezebrowser, you can make thumbnails of all those photos in a batch in Breezebrowser. Select all the files you want thumbnails of, go to Tools>proofs in the BB menu, and choose sizes, where to put the thumbnails, etc, and click on proof selected. Voila - all the files will be proofed at your choice of sizes and placed in the directory you choose. As for copying all the files to another directory, you can do that it BB also. RTM!</p>

<p>1. You can reduce them all thumbnail size in bridge/photoshop .. automate<br>

2. You should be able to put your thumbnails in a separate folder in whatever location you want.<br>

3. Go to Youtube search for photoshop bridge. Bridge should be able to do what ever you want. Dont believe the naysayers.</p>