Quality, Quantity, or Marketing?

robgomez

<p>I see a lot of Nikons and a few Pentax and Sonys as well as Canons. Canon is the biggest seller, but it has nowhere near 80% of the market. I think that part of it is good marketing and advertising. Part of it may also be word of mouth. People tend to recommend what they own themselves, and since Canon has been the biggest seller for years, it has more people recommending them to friends and family.</p>

<p>Sure the name is important -- can't think of anything more important. If I see a photo that I really like, I want to know what camera was used to I can take a great photo just like it. It's frustrating when the photographer keeps is a secret.</p>

<p>I think new cameras should be shipped with memory cards holding about 100 beautifully composed and colorful drop dead photos already stored on them but not available to be seen by the purchaser. Then when you're out and about shooting, every 50th or so of the secret shots randomly pops up into the middle of the ones you actually shot so it will be there when you download all you have taken into your computer. Now wouldn't that be neat?</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Now wouldn't that be neat?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Only if the winning certificate would be automatically mailed to you as soon as you've opened the image on your computer :-) </p>

------------------------------------------

Worry is like a rocking chair.

It will give you something to do,

but it won't get you anywhere.

• 4 weeks later...