Ferrania Film 35 or 120

<p>Unfortunately, Ferrania is out of the film business. The stuff on eBay is from their last production runs, so when it's gone, it's gone. I don't know if they even made film in the 120 format; possibly years ago, but I don't believe they did in recent years (I may be wrong about that). If so, it's probably so scarce that it would be very difficult to find. My guess is that if it's not available in eBay, it's probably not available at all.</p>

<p>Ferrania was selling to the low-price end of the consumer color film market. There's no "consumer" demand for 120 film anymore, only advanced amateurs and professionals use it anymore. So they wouldn't invest in an unsaleable production run of it.<br>

When's the last time you saw any 120 film in CVS, Walgreen's, WalMart, Target, or other consumer stores? I think some of my Verichrome Pan 122 rolls (no typo) have a Walgreen's price tag on them, but that's from 1970!</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Ferrania made some really great films, my favorite was T640 which was low enough in contrast to be pushed one stop with excellent results. The also made some 64 speed films made under their own name and private labeled for Sears and other companies.</p>

<p>3M bought the company for other products and made no effort to continue the sales, selling as much for employee discounted use as anything. Finally they sold what was left of it and by the then lack of sales activity and the approaching digital market essentially killed an excellent film product.</p>

<p>Lynn</p>