Scancafe orders delayed by home movies

<p>This is here, so, I guess I will post. In truth I did not want to say something negative that could be seen years from now after the problem is solved. But since it is not deleted I will go ahead.<br>

I sent a combo of 60 something slides, 15 negatives and 5 8mm home movies to Scancafe. They got them Jan 18th. My estimate for review online was Feb 10th. I called them Feb 13th for an update when they were not up for review.<br>

Basically they have had "overwhelming demand" for their home movie transfer service. So much so that my order is still sitting in their California warehouse and has yet to even be sent to India for scanning. My 5 movies are holding up my <em>entire order</em>. My new date for completion is May 16th 2012.<br>

I must have them sent back because I'm on a deadline and can't wait 4 months. I just wanted to suggest that people not to mix home movies with slides for the short term, since as of this post Scancafe is silent on the issue.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Scancafe isn't for people with deadlines or requiring orderly scheduling of their order among other things. As to slides, I highly recommend, from experience, Mr. Harrington's (above) services for quality results, care of materials and outstanding communication.</p>

<p>It depends on the deadline doesn't it? If it's supposed to be done in a month and you give it 2 you figure you are safe. I never read anything about this long a delay with them. It's just one of those things I guess. I'm willing to wait on the 8mm in actuality (it has waited 60 years after all), just not the slides.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>J.H.: Scancafe isn't for people with deadlines or requiring orderly scheduling of their order among other things.</p>

<p>D.H.: It depends on the deadline doesn't it?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>No. It doesn't. The experience you write about here serves as an example as to why.</p>

<p>Would someone mind posting or linking to an image Scancafe scanned from a 35mm slide, preferably an old Kodachrome with some red in it? I haven't tried Scancafe, but some other places I tried a few years ago were less than impressive. Many thanks.</p>

<p>Yup, Kodachrome with red was deliberate.</p>

<p>Very nice. I have a Coolscan 5000 too, but I was hoping to sell it and hire somebody else to scan the 1500 very old slides in my closet. I just don't have time and, as you know, scanning well takes practice and time.</p>

<p>BTW, have you had problems with reds blowing out on Kodachrome slides when using ICE?</p>