review button sticking on D700

jcmexico2000

<p> Hi, the review button on my d700 sticks everytime that I use it and I have to play with it using a needle to get it unstock, only to see it get stock the next time that I try to review any images. my question is this something that I could fix myself somehow or do I have to have the profesionals do it? and how much can I expect to pay to get it fix. Thanks </p>

<p>Sounds like that button has seen some heavy-duty "chimping". ;-)</p>

<p>In all seriousness, I've had the same thing happen to me on other electronics and the problem is almost always caused by a buildup of dirt, dead skin and oils, etc. in the tight space around the button. When the equipment isn't expensive, I'll take it apart and fix it myself, but in this case, I would go with Lorne's suggestion and have it fixed by an authorized dealer. It shouldn't be very expensive at all to have this done, at least on Nikon's scale of charges. ;-)</p>

<p>Good luck,</p>

<p>Tom M</p>

<p>following tom mann's observation about buildup of dirt, etc., i would attempt to use a small amount of lens cleaning fluid, applied around said button, and push the button a few times to allow the cleaner to work itself inside the switch. i'm not talking about drowning the D700 in fluid, or pounding the button, but do give it a try. my aperture follower ring was suffering from "drag" at one point, and using a variant of the above suggestion corrected that problem, so i doubt you'd do any harm giving this a try. and good luck.</p>