ADOBE CS MASTER COLLECTION ?

My University is offering for free to all students ADOBE CS MASTER COLLECTION.

I dont do that much advanced editing beyond Lightroom.

I shoot film and scan everything and then tweak very minimally in Lightroom.

My question is, would this software be useful to me?

should I download it?

I have Photoshop PS3 I believe, am I correct to understand that a full version of the latest edition of Photoshop is

included here?

If I did download it then should I delete my old version of PS3?

Thanks!

Probably not.

It does have photoshop in it, and that is a very powerful program, but the full suite is huge and very complex. What

boundaries are you finding within Lightroom? And have you seen the increased capabilities of Lightroom 4 ?

If there are things you can not achieve in Lightroom then it might be good to install just photoshop from the suite, the rest

really does go off at tangents.

<p>I paid for Adobe programs (teacher discount), and wish we had a campus license here. We do have other campus licenses of Microsoft programs that are very nice.<br>

In these days of huge capacity "fixed disks" there's no reason not to get software that your campus has paid for. If you don't like it, don't keep it.</p>

<p>I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, here, but there is no upgrade path from suite to application. If you delete PS CS3 now, once you're out of college, the only way to upgrade your Master edition of PS would be to upgrade the entire suite and that would likely cost more money than you'd want to spend for *some* applications you might not even use. I would:</p>

<ul>

<li>Upgrade the CS3 to CS5</li>

<li>Download the free software</li>

</ul>

<p>Educationally licensed Adobe products <strong>in North America</strong> can take full advantage of upgrade pricing. This policy does vary by region (and in some regions, there have historically been multiple educational licenses each with their own limitations), which is largely where the mythical "you can't upgrade" belief originated several years ago.</p>

<p>Note this does only apply to products for which you are the licensee—a few universities arrange to have students covered under their volume licensing agreements. If you're buying direct from Adobe, or in a box from a campus/education reseller, you can upgrade.</p>